Valery V. Malev
Doctor of Chemical Sciences
- The theory of charge transfer processes in electroactive materials with mixed electronic-ionic conductivity
Prof. Valery Malev reads lections on Electrochemistry for bachelor students and Impedance and Bioelectrochemistry for master students.
Areas of scientific interests
- Physical chemistry
- colloid chemistry
- physico-chemical biology
The main direction of research - theoretical and experimental studies of the processes of mass and charge transfer in electrochemical and membrane (including biological) systems. In recent years, most attention has been paid to the study of charge transfer reactions on electrodes modified by non-composite and composite (metal-containing) films of electroactive polymers. Parallel to this subject, V.V. Malev takes part in the study of the regularities of the transport of matter through the ion channels of biological and model membranes, these studies are conducted at the Institute of Cytology of the Russian Academy of Sciences (laboratory of ion channels). A number of previous studies were related to the study of the effects of a double electric layer on the rate of electrode reactions and the modeling of strains of nerve fibers during its excitation.
- E.V. Alekseeva, I.A. Chepurnaya, V.V. Malev, A.M. Timonov, O.V. Levin, Polymeric nickel complexes with salen-type ligands for modification of supercapacitor electrodes: impedance studies of charge transfer and storage properties // Electrochimica Acta, 2017, 225, 378-391.
- D. V. Anishchenko, O. V. Levin, V. V. Malev Quasi-equilibrium voltammetric curves of polaron-conducting polymer films // Electrochimica Acta, 2016, 188, 480-489.
- V.V. Kondratiev, V.V. Malev, S.N. Eliseeva Composite electrode materials based on conducting polymers loaded with metal nanostructures // Russian Chemical Reviews 85 (2016) 14-37.
- V.V. Kondratiev, O.V. Levin, V.V. Malev Charge Transfer and Electrochemical Reactions at Electrodes Modified with Pristine and Metal-Containing Films of Conducting Polymers, in Advances in conducting polymer research // L.Micaelson (Ed), Nova Science Publishers, 2014. P. 79-151.
- V.V. Malev, O.V. Levin, V.V. Kondratiev Voltammetry of electrodes modified with pristine and composite films; thoretical and experimental aspects // Electrochimica Acta, 2014, 122, 234-246.
- V.V. Malev, O.V. Levin, A.M. Timonov Quasi-equilibrium voltammetric curves resulting from the existence of two immobile charge carriers within electroactive polymer films // Electrochimica Acta, 2013, 108, 313-320.
- O.V. Levin, M.P. Karushev, A.M. Timonov, E.V. Alekseeva, S. Zhang, V.V. Malev Charge transfer processes on electrodes modified by polymer films of metal complexes with Schiff bases // Electrochimica Acta, 2013, 109, 153-161.
- 5. V. V. Malev, O. V. Levin Electrical currents resulting from reduction/oxidation processes of tested particles on “inner” and “outer” surfaces of electroactive polymer films // Russian Journal of Electrochemistry, 2012, 48, 375-387.
- V.V. Malev, O.V. Levin “Criteria of the absence of short-range interactions within electroactive polymer films”// Electrochimica Acta, 2012, 80, 426-431.
- Kondratiev V. V., Pogulaichenko N.A., Hui S., Tolstopjatova E.G., Malev V.V. “Electroless deposition of gold into poly-3,4-ethylenedioxythiophene films and their characterization performed in chloride-containing solutions” // Journal of Solid State Electrochemistry, 2012, 16, 1291-1299.
- Kondratiev V.V., Pogulaichenko N.A., Tolstopjatova E.G., Malev V.V. ”Hydrogen peroxide electroreduction on composite PEDOT films with included gold nanoparticles” // Journal of Solid State Electrochemistry, 2011, 15, 2383–2393
- V.V. Malev, O.V. Levin “Electrical currents resulting from reduction/ oxidation processes of testing particles on electrodes modified with metal-containing polymer films” // Electrochimica Acta, 2011, 56, 3586-3596.
- V.V. Malev, O.S. Ostroumova, J.Y. Takemoto, L.V. Schagina “Voltage-dependent ion channels induced by cyclic lipodepsipeptides in planar lipid bilayers: structure, properties, and resemblance to native channels”, in “Advances in Planar Lipid Bilayers and Liposomes”, Volume 8, 2008, PP. 59-105, Edited by A. Leitmannova Liu, Academic Press, N.Y.
- Malev V. V., Levin O. V. Limiting current to a rotating disk electrode modified with an electroactive polymeric film in the presence of a redox pair in the adjacent solution volume // Russian Journal of Electrochemistry, 2008, 44, 91-97.
- O.S. Ostroumova, V.V. Malev, A.N. Bessonov, J.Y. Takemoto, L.V. Schagina “Altering the activity of Syringomycin E via the Membrane Dipole Potential” // Langmuir, 2008, 24, 2987-2991.
- V.V. Malev, O.V. Levin, M.A. Vorotyntsev “Model treatment of double layer charging in electroactive polymer films with two kinds of charge carriers” // Electrochimica Acta, 2006, 52, 133-151.
- V.V. Malev, V.V. Kondratiev Charge transfer processes in conducting polymer films // Russian Chemical Reviews, 2006, 75, 147–160.
- A.N. Bessonov, L.V. Schagina, J.Y. Takemoto, Ph.A. Gurnev, I.M. Kuznetsova, K.K. Turoverov, V.V. Malev “Actin and amphiphilic polymers influence on channel formation by Syringomycin E in lipid bilayers” // European Biophys. J., 2006, 35, 382-392.
- O. Levin, V. Kondratiev, V. Malev Charge transfer processes at poly-o-phenylenediamine and poly-o-aminophenol films. // Electrochimica Acta, 2005, 50, 1573-1585.
- O.S. Ostroumova, V.V. Malev, Yu.A. Kaulin, Ph.A. Gurnev, J.Y. Takemoto, L.V. Schagina “Voltage-dependent synchronization of gating of syringomycin E ion channels” // FEBS Letters, 2005, 579, 5675-5679.
- E.G. Tolstopyatova, S.N. Sazonova, V.V. Malev, V.V. Kondratiev Electrochemical impedance spectroscopy of poly(3-methylthiophene) and poly(3-octylthiophene) film electrodes // Electrochimica Acta. 2005. V.50. P.1565-1571.
- V. Malev, V. Kurdakova, V. Kondratiev, V. Zigel Indium hexacyanoferrate films, voltammetric and impedance characterization // Solid State Ionics, 2004, 169, 95-104.
- V.V. Kondratiev, A.V. Tikhomirova, V.V. Malev Study of charge transport properties in Prussian-blue modified electrodes” // Electrochimica Acta, 1999, 45, 751-759.
- V.V. Kondratiev, E.M. Nestorovich, V.V. Malev Kinetics of electroreduction of tris-oxalate cobalt(III) complexes on the dropping mercury electrode // J. Electroanalyt. Chem., 1998, 450, 109-119.
- R.K. Astakhova, S.R. Balushkina, I.V. Savvy, V.V. Malev Double layer effects in the electrode kinetics of quasi-equilibrium redox reactions // Electrochimica Acta, 1998, 44, 967-975.
- V. V. Malev, A. A. Rubashkin, M. A. Vorotyntsev Equilibrium Properties of the System Comprising an Electrode Modified with Electroactive Polymeric Film and an Electrolyte Solution // Russian Journal of Electrochemistry, 1997, 33, 972-982.
- V.V. Malev, D.B. Gromov, Ya.Yu. Komissarchik, M.S. Brudnaya “Interfacial models of nerve fiber cytoskeleton” // Biophys. J., 1992, 63, 1107-1117.
- V.V. Malev, A.I. Rusanov “Thermodynamics, Mechanical and Electrical Properties of Biomembranes” // J. Theoret. Biology, 1989, 136, 295-307.
- V.V. Kondratiev, S.N. Eliseeva, E.G. Tolstopyatova, N.A. Pogulyaychenko, V.V. Malev, Device for extracting precious metals from aqueous solutions // Patent of the Russian Federation No. 83245, 2009.
- V.V. Kondratiev, S.N. Eliseeva, E.G. Tolstopyatova, N.A. Pogulyaychenko, V.V. Malev, A method for extracting precious metals from aqueous solutions and a device for its implementation // Patent of the Russian Federation No. 2404927, 2010.