Head of the Department: Professor, Dr. Rostislav E. Trifonov
Office 4196, Tel.: +7-812-4286809.
Secretary: Associate Professor, Dr. Kuznetzova Ludmila Mihailovna
Rostislav E. Trifonov
Doctor of Chemical Sciences, Professor, Head of Department of Natural Compounds Chemistry
Synthesis, properties and reactivity of nitrogen heterocycles
Medical and Pharmaceutical Chemistry
Alla D. Zorina
Ph.D., Associate Professor
Preparation and properties of natural and semi-synthetic triterpenoids
Ivan A. Gluzdikov
PhD, Senior Lecturer
Synthesis and properties of peptides and peptidomimetics
History of the Department
The department was founded in 1963 on the basis of laboratory of plant substances, supervised at various time-periods by Professor G.V. Pigulevsky and Associate professor A.A. Ryabinin. The main direction of research interests was the investigation of plant substances, mainly lipids. The first head of the department was Professor Vyacheslav F. Martynov. The foundation of the department allowed opening of new direction and possibilities to educate specialists in the areas of: bioorganic chemistry, chemistry of natural and physiologically active compounds, as well as broadening the area of scientific research by the development of new direction in Russia – synthesis of peptides and investigation of their biological properties. Later, in 1975, Professor Alexander Shavva founded another direction – the total synthesis and investigation of biological properties of steroidal hormones.
Professor A.G. Shavva has been the head of the department since 1988.
Actual modern research tasks being solved at the department:
- synthesis of modern bioregulators for the creation of new generation medications.
- development of schemes for total synthesis of modified steroidal hormones and investigation of mechanisms of their action.
- development of synthetic pathways to medications for the treatment of breast cancer, prostate cancer, endometriosis and many others disorders.
- development of medications for the treatment of cardio-vascular diseases, osteoporosis, neurodegenerative disorders.
- creation of diagnostic tools for early stages of breast cancer, prostate cancer, endometriosis and other disorders.
- investigation of biological activities on cells and animal models.
The department is unique in Russian Federation where this direction exists (the head is Professor A.G. Shavva).
Investigation of triterpenoids (establishment of their structure and investigation of biological activity) - head - associate professor Alla D. Zorina.
The group of peptide synthesis (the former head – Professor M.I. Titov) investigates natural peptides and its analogues, as well as their structure-biological activity relationship. Such compounds are significant both for diagnosis of different disorders and for practical medicine. At different times insulin, oxytocin, luliberin, calcitonin, delta sleep-inducing peptides, bombesin and their analogues were synthesized. For their work on synthesis of various peptide modulators M.I. Titov and Z.D. Bespalova were awarded the State Prize.
The following courses are being lectured only at the department:
- «Bioorganic Chemistry»,
- «Heterocyclic steroidal hormones»,
- «Receptors of medications»,
- «Chemistry of natural compounds»,
- «Chemistry of peptides»,
- «Chemistry of heterocyclic compounds»,
- «Pharmaceutical chemistry»,
as well as laboratory courses. Diploma and PhD theses are devoted to urgent problems of bioorganic chemistry.
Some lecture courses are being lectured on English or French.
The department has collaboration with many National and International Research groups and Institutes (Germany, Sweden, Finland, USA, England).
List of Reseachers
- Dr. Anokhina Vera Vasilyevna
- Dr. Ardemasova Zoya Alexandrovna
- Dr. Churkina Svetlana Illarionovna
- Dr. Gluzdikov Ivan Alexandrovich
- Dr. Eliseev Ivan Ivanovich
- Dr. Khalichevich Viktor Nikolaevich
- Dr. Kuznetzova Ludmila Mihailovna
- Dr. Morozkina Svetlana Nikolaevna
- Dr. Nikolaev Sergey Viktorovich
- Nikolskaia Sofia Konstantinovna – head of the education laboratory
- Prof. Tennikova Tatyana Borisovna
- Prof. Trifonov Rostislav Evgenyevich
- Dr. Zorina Alla Dmitrievna
- Bogautdinov Roman Pavlovich
- Fidarov Alan Fidarovich
- F. Garib, T. Mironova, T. Ospelnikova, A. Rizopulu, Z. Ardemasova, V. Kalikhevich, E. Rizopulu, S. Vostrukhin, F. Ershov. The development of novel approaches to potentiation of the interferon-inducing effect of acridonacetic acidum and targeting its delivery into immunocytes. International Immunology, August 2010, v.22, suppl. №1, pp.38, 14th International Congress of Immunology, Kobe, Japan.
- Shavva A., Morozkina S., Galkina O. Approaches for Searching of Modified Steroid Estrogen Analogues with Improved Biological Properties. In: Steroids – Basic Science, In Tech, Rijeka, Croatia, 2011. P. 171-220.
- S.N. Morozkina, A.G. Shavva. Osteoprotective action of 17aβ-hydroxy-3-methoxy-D-homo-8alpha-estra-1,3,5(10)-trien-6-one acetate. Journal of Steroid Biochemistry and Molecular Biology. 2011, vol. 126S, p. 108-109.
- S.N. Morozkina, A.F. Fidarov, A.G. Shavva. New analogues of steroid estrogens with cardioprotective properties. Journal of Steroid Biochemistry and Molecular Biology. 2011, vol. 126S, p. 180.
- S.R. Seitablaeva, M.I. Titov. Synthesis of obestatine of rat. Voprosy Of biological, medicinal and pharmaceutical chemistry (Russ.). 2011, № 3, с. 33-39.
- S.I. Selivanov, S.N. Morozkina, A.G. Shavva. Synthesis and molecular structure study of 3-methoxy-7α-methyl-6-oxa-9β,14β-estra-1,3,5(10)-trien-17-one in solution. Chemistry of Heterocyclic Compounds. 2012, vol. 48, N 5. P. 704-714.
- S.N. Morozkina, S.K. Nikol’skaya, A.S. Chentsova, A.S. Drozdov, G.L. Starova, S.I. Selivanov, A.G. Shavva. Ionic Hydrogenation of Estra-1,3,5(10),8,14-pentaenes. Russian Journal of Organic Chemistry, 2012, vol. 48, N. 9. P. 1245–1251.
- V.V. Zubarev, O.I. Kiselev, А.А. Shtro, А.D. Zorina, L.V. Balykina, N.A. Osipenko, V.V. Anokhina, Т.V. Bukreeva. Synthesis and antiflu activity of derivatives of meristotropic and macedonic acids. Russ. Chem-Pharm. J. 2012. Vol. 46, N 10. P. 3-7.
- A.V. Kutina, A.S. Marina, M.I. Titov, Yu.V. Natochin. «Kaliuretic Nonapeptide». Doklady Biological Sciences, 2012, Vol. 444, pp. 147–149.
- Kutina A.V., Marina A.S., Eliseev I.I., Titov M.I., Natochin Yu.V. Synthesis and investigation of analogues of conopressine S on expression of iones and water by rat kidney. Russ. J. of Evol. Biochem. Physiol. 2012. Vol. 48, N 6. P. 588-592.
- E.A. Ivanova, N.Yu. Sarycheva, V.A. Dubynin, A.V. Malyshev, V.N. Kalikhevich, Z.A. Ardemasova, A.A. Kamensky. Behavioral Effects of Original Tetrapeptide, an Analog of N-Terminal Nociceptin Fragment. Bulletin of Experimental Biology and Medicine. 2012. Vol. 153, Issue 2. P. 177-181.
- Ostrovsky V.A., Trifonov R.E., Popova Е.А. Medicinal chemistry of tetrazoles. Izv. AN., Ser. Khim. 2012. № 4. p. 765-777.
- A.G. Shavva, S.N. Morozkina, F.E. Putilina. 3-Methoxy-2-fluoro-18-ethyl-8α-gona-1,3,5(10)-trienes, possessing osteoprotective and cholesterol-lowering properties. Patent RU 2418000 (2011), priority date 27.05.2010.
- A.G. Shavva, S.N. Morozkina, E.V. Tsyrlina, S.I. Selivanov. Methyl ether of 2-fluoro-16,16-dimethyl-D-homo-8α-estrone, possessing cholesterol-lowering and cardioprotective activity. Patent RU 2436792 (2011), priority date 27.05.2010.
- A.G. Shavva, S.N. Morozkina, O.I. Antimonova, M.A. Petrosyan, V.A. Vilkova, A.L. Shavarda. Diacetate of 13-ethylgona-1,3,5(10),8(9)-tetraene-3,17-diol, possessing anti-implanting and antioxidant activity. Patent RU 2454424 (2012), priority date 18.11.2010.
- Titov M.I., Eliseev I.I., Gluzdikov I.A., Nikolskaia S.K. Method for the obtaining of peptide exenatide. Patent RU 2458066 (2012), priority date 31.05.2011.
- Natochin Yu.V., Titov M.I., Kutina A.V., Marina A.S., Eliseev I.I. Peptide kaliuretic. Patent RU 2454426, priority date 24.06.2011.
Shavva A.G., Morozkina S.N., Ushakov D.B. Synthesis and investigation of biological properties of new 8α-steroid estrogen analogues with fluorine at position 2. 21-st IUBMB and 12-th FAOBMB International Congress of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology. August 2-7, 2009, Shanghai, China. Abstracts, p. 100.
S.I. Selivanov, S.N. Morozkina, A.G. Shavva. Investigation of the structure in solution of B-nor-8α-steroid estrogen analogues by NMR spectroscopy methods. Nuclear Magnetic Resonance in Condensed Matter. Int. Symposium and Summer School in Saint-Petersburg. June 28-July 2, 2010. Book of Abstracts.
A.D. Zorina, Yu.I. Zolotova, N.A. Esipenko, O.V. Nazarova, V.V. Anokhina. Polymer derivatives of triterpenoids. The 14-th International Congress Phytopharm 2010. 1-3 July 2010, Saint-Petersburg, Russia. Abstracts Book, p. 119.
A.G. Shavva, S.N. Morozkina. Some biological properties of betulinic and ursolic acids. The 14-th International Congress Phytopharm 2010. 1-3 July 2010, Saint-Petersburg, Russia. Abstracts Book, p. 93.
S.N. Morozkina, A.G. Shavva, S.I. Selivanov. Investigation of structure and conformational equilibrium of steroid estrogen analogues for the prediction of biological properties. Congress on Steroid Research, 2011, March 27-29, Chicago, USA. Poster Program, P2.15.
S.N. Morozkina, A.F. Fidarov, A.G. Shavva. New analogues of steroid estrogens with cardioprotective properties. Congress on Steroid Research, 2011, March 27-29, Chicago, USA. Poster Program, P2.59.
V. Kaljuga, I. Kara, S. Nikolaev, V. Bazykin. Efficient and safe production processes in sustainable agriculture and forestry. 29 June-01 July 2011. Vienna, Austria. University of Natural Resources and Applied Life Sciences. Stress free technology for low and medium capacity farms. Book of abstracts XXXIV CIOSTA CIGR V Conference 2011, p. 337-338.
Chesnokova E.A., Dubynin V.A., Sarycheva N.Y., Kalikhevich V.N., Ardemasova Z.A., Kamensky A.A., Voronkova A.S. Delayed behavioral effects of soymorphin, a novel agonist derived from soy protein, are sex-specific. 8th FENS forum of neuroscience, Barcelona, July 2012. Presentation Code: 116.09 Abstract Number: 174.
S.N. Morozkina, A.G. Shavva. Steroid Estrogen Analogues with Improved Biological Properties in New Drug Combinations. The 4th International Conference on Fixed Combination in the Treatment of Hypertension, Dyslipidemia and Diabetes Mellitus. December 01-04, 2011. Paris, France. Book of abstracts, p. 34.
S.N. Morozkina, A.G. Shavva. New medications on the basis of steroid estrogens for hormonal replacement therapy. Congress “Women Health 2012: The 20th Annual Congress”. March 16-18, 2012, Washington DC. Abstract Book.
Bogautdiniv R.P., Fidarov A.F., Galkina O.V., Petrosyan M.A., Morozkina S.N., Shavva A.G. Synthesis of new estrogen analogues with antioxidant activity. 7th International Meeting “Steroids and nervous system”. Torino-Orbassano (TO), Italy. February 16-20, 2013. Abstract book. P. 133.